OPENING CEREMONY OF THE MEETING IN DOUALAmark
Statutory meetings of the Finance and Economic Studies and the Administrative and Legal Affairs Technical committees is holding from the 3rd to the 6th of March 2020 in the beautiful town of Douala, in Cameroun.
As customary, the opening ceremony was held at the hotel la Falaise in Bonajo, the venue for the meetings.
These technical committee meetings brought together more than sixty (60) delegates from 13 (thirteen) countries of our geographical space. Presided over by the Governour of the Region, the opening ceremony withnessed 3 speeches from:
- Delegate from Douala Town,
- PMAWCA Secretary General
- Managing Director of the Port of Douala.
We can note from the different speeches made during the PMAWCA Technical committee meetings, that this group of entreprises is a place for thematic reflection and project study to create dynamic and more efficient solutions, that respond conveniently to the expectations and needs of port members and our ports.
Also be reminded that the theme for discussion includes the analysis of the financial states and followup on the implementation of internal recommendations being :
For the Finance and Economic Studies Committee (FES) :
- Transhipment of cargo in ports of West and Central Africa : Economic effects on the port Authorities compared with the infrastructure in use.
For the Admin and Legal Affairs Committee(ALA) :
- « Harmonisation of retirement policies and evaluation systems of port member staff»
- « Legal and administrative aspects of port single windows», the fact that African Alliance for Electronic trade (AACE) opted to share experiences with the delegates in order to enable them gain exposure to questions on digilitisation in which ports and member countries are unfortunately obliged to do inorder to boost their competivity.
This meetings will end on the 6th of March 2020 with the hope that these sessions offer a platform for sharing of best practices for the benefit of our port members.