SUMMARY OF THE OPENING CEREMONY OF THE 3rd AFRICAN PORTS ENVIRONMENT & SUSTAINABILITY CONFERENCE 2020mark
As part of the plan of action program of the Ports Management Association of West and Central Africa (PMAWCA), the 3rd African Conference on Environment and Sustainable Development began on Monday 11th February 2020 with an opening ceremony, the meeting will end on Thursday 13th February 2020.
This well recognised conference attracted more than 20 delegations, which included about 15 PMAWCA member ports. Click to read more .
Welcome speeches were given follows:
- By the representative of the deputy mayor of the splendid port city of Pointe Noire,
- By the Managing Director of the Port of Pointe Noire,
- By the PMAWCA Secretary General
- Lastly by the Minister of Transport, Civil Aviation and Maritime trade of the Republic of Congo, who presided over the ceremony.
As a reminder, the theme of this conference: “AFRICAN PORTS & THE LINK TO SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITY” clearly reflects the commitment of Managing Directors of ports in a sustainable development course capable of further stimulating growth potential in order to satisfy the strong desire for the well-being of the population, while preserving the ecological conditions for rational exploitation of the resources in our environment.
This thus provides an opportunity for key players in the industry to:
- Review development policies, strategies and programs with regards to the principles and foundations of sustainable development;
- Propose support for necessary coordination and talks for the better positioning of our maritime environment in the dynamics of sustainable development in the long term.
See you on the evening of Thursday February 13th for the solid recommendations that will be made from this encounter.